Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nursery Inspiration - Baby Boys

As I've mentioned a time or two, I have a pretty strong feeling Baby Collins is a little boy. I'm not sure where it comes from, but I've conducted an unscientific survey of moms, and apparently the "feeling" can be the real deal. Several mommas I know swear they knew their baby's gender long before it was confirmed by medical technology. Of course, the "feeling" can also be completely off. At any rate, I have a 50/50 chance of being right about this boy thing, so I'm sticking to it (until the ultrasound tech tells me otherwise).

Needless to say, I've spent a lot of time pondering the possibilities for Baby Collins all-boy bedroom. Here are some masculine nurseries I'm loving...

Designed by my all-time favorite, Candice Olson, this baby boy's room is super-fab. While theme rooms really aren't my thing, I love the color palette. There is no doubt that this room is made for a little man.
Is this one a little boring? Probably. But I kind of love the simplicity of it. It's a room that a baby boy could really grow into as he gets older. With a few accessory and/or color changes here and there, the room could easily be transformed into something fabulous for every stage of a child's life.
This nursery makes me really, really want white furniture for Baby Collins' room. It looks crisp and fresh. Surprisingly, I don't mind the powder blue walls either, especially with the fun accent wall. I usually don't like patterned walls, but for some reason this works. It looks preppy (which is exactly the look I want if Baby Collins is a boy).
How stinkin' cute is this?! It's probably a little bit modern for my taste, but I really, really like it. I'm not quite sold on turquoise in a boy's room. I'd probably go with a navy and green palette instead.
This is super cute and super funky. Again, probably a bit modern for my taste, but I love the gray walls paired with the pops of color. It's the kind of room that little one could really grow into as he gets older.
This is just so, so sweet. I love the white walls paired with the muted blues and tans. It's simple and airy and oh-so fresh. As a realistic mama-to-be though, I know better than to paint a baby's room white!

For now - these are the designs that stand out for Baby Boy Collins. In just a few short days, we'll know the gender and the nesting can begin! Oh, I can't wait!

9 comments:

Kelly Bennett said...

So when exactly do we get to know? I know you have LOTS of people who are wanting this info, but I would like to be somewhere in the top 20 :)Hope you're feeling great!

kasie said...

Hi! I am in love with the wall color for image 4, it is a basic tan wall, exactly what I am looking for! Thank so much!

kasie said...

Sorry just wondering if you knew what color- brand it is? Xoxo

Anonymous said...

Image 3. - where is that sleigh crib from? I want it!

Anonymous said...

Hey there I am so glad I found your weblog, I really found you by accident, while I was browsing on
Askjeeve for something else, Regardless I am here now and would
just like to say many thanks for a tremendous post
and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the superb work.

Also visit my page - juice fast

Anonymous said...

Keep this going please, great job!

My page ... juicers reviews

Anonymous said...

What's up all, here every person is sharing these familiarity, thus it's good to read this blog, and
I used to visit this blog everyday.

Feel free to visit my weblog :: power juicer elite

Anonymous said...

Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to
mention that I've really loved surfing around your weblog posts. In any case I will be subscribing in your feed and I am hoping you write once more very soon!

my homepage polo factory store

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Its truly amazing post, I have got much clear idea regarding from this post.


my blog :: goodwill online store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...